We are less than a month away from the 2019 CrossFit Games Open!
Though many of the rules have changed to qualify for the Games themselves, the Open is still approachable for everyone! If you have never done the Open before, I encourage you to check out previous years workouts here.
This year we will be holding our Primal Team Open competition as we have in years past. One change from the previous years is that you do not need to register for the Open at games.crossfit.com in order to participate. We want as many people as possible to join and compete for 5 weeks in February & March against other teams in the gym. We will award prizes in various categories at the end of the 5 weeks.
Sign ups to participate will begin Monday, January 28 and will cost $25. By signing up you will:
- be assigned to a team with a fellow athlete as a captain (it could be you!)
- receive a 2019 Open t-shirt or tank top
- participate in the workout each week and have a judge to count your reps and give you an official score
- earn points for participation, top scores, checking in on social media, and most importantly; spirit!
- get a chance to win awards!
Last year we had over 40 participants, and we would love to increase that this year! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Build to a heavy Hang Squat Clean
40 Toes to Bar
30 Hang Squat Cleans (115/80)